The #ForestLandscapesPh 4-notebook set aims to convey the rich biodiversity and beauty of four of the country’s forest landscapes through illustrative interpretations of sites in Sierra Madre, Bukidnon, Palawan, and Leyte, along with some of the native plants and birds that can be found in the respective areas. Every purchase also allows you to assist in sustaining efforts that protect these landscapes.
The showcased sites, flora, and fauna are:
* Sierra Madre: Luzon Water Redstart (Phoenicurus bicolor) and Tibig (Ficus nota)
* Bukidnon: Mindanao Lorikeet (Trichoglossus johnstoniae) and Magaringan (Phyllocladus hypophyllus)
* Palawan: Palawan Hill Myna (Gracula religiosa palawanensis) and Bogo (Garuga floribunda)
* Leyte: Javan Pond Heron (Ardeola speciosa) and Lanipau (Terminalia copelandii)
Each notebook variant features a different style of print on the inside pages. Choose from dot grid, graph grid, college ruled, or blank. The accompanying info strip can be repurposed as a bookmark.
40% of the proceeds from the sales of the notebook sets will be donated to the following groups, to be distributed as follows:
– 10% to Sitio Maguli Marginal Farmers Producers Cooperative in Sierra Madre
– 10% to the Kitanglad Guard Volunteers Association Inc. (KGVAI) in Bukidnon
– 10% to Palawan Center for Appropriate Rural Technology, Inc. (PCART) in Palawan
– 10% to Women Enablers Advocates and Volunteers for Empowering and Responsive Solutions Inc. (WEAVERS) in Leyte
The Philippine Forest Landscapes notebook set is part of the #DrawNativeTreesPh initiative, a collaborative effort with Forest Foundation Philippines to raise awareness for the protection and conservation of Philippine native trees. A portion of the remaining proceeds from sales will be used to produce more materials that can help spread the advocacy.